Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Sunday Project
(thanks to my friend Sarah)
So I have this great friend that called me to tell me the most wonderful news. Sarah and her husband bought a house to fix up and sell, it had been vacant for three years and the previous owners left everything when they left. So she called to tell me to come and rummage through everything. I was so excited that I forgot to take my camera with me.
I took home quite a few things but my favorite item was hidden under some old lady shoes and a teddy bear. I couldn't wait to get home to paint it.
Here's the before pictures:



I am not even sure what it is but I knew exactly where I wanted it to go and what I wanted it to look like so I immediately got to work.
It literally took me less than an hour to transform this great find from frumpy old furniture to Fabulous!!!


These pictures do not due it justice. I can't wait to accessorize, I need a pair of fabulous lamps now. I'll be keeping an eye out.
Thanks Sarah!!
I will post the rest of my finds soon I was just too excited about this one.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is beautiful, I love the result. Thanks for linking up to Trash to Treasure Tuesday, please remember to link back to REINVENTED in your post, thanks!
    Kimm

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out nice! What a great friend you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing that type of stuff! I recently re-painted a side table found on the side of a curb... but I still have to post the "after" pictures:

    Turning Man's Trash Into My Treasure

    ReplyDelete